Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Facebook

I think that facebook is a great tool for people, especially teenagers or young adults, to use. While most people use facebook to keep in touch with their friends, family, or classmates, some use facebook as a way to express who they are. Many people post pictures of themselves drinking with their friends or getting high or doing other inappropriate things. Now, most kids know that future employers are able to get on your website and check out all of the features that you have on your page - including pictures. I don't really have much to say about this topic because I am indifferent towards it. I have nothing to hide on my page so it wouldn't really affect me if someone were to look on my page to find out more about me in order to hire me. However, a lot of my friends have inappropriate things on there which wouldn't be the greatest sellers for a job. If I had to choose a side to this, I would say that future employers should stay off of facebook and other websites like that. This is because who you are on your own time is no reflection of how you are when it's time for you to work. There is a time for fun and a time for work. Oh well I guess though - not much I can do.

No comments: