Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Me, Myself, & I

My name is Kristen Elizabeth Guenther. My birthday is August 6, 1990; Therefore, I am currently 17 years old. My mom is my school's librarian which makes life a little bit easier and more difficult at the same time. It's nice to have her here when I need to get a paper signed or when I need money for something that I forgot about the night before. However, it's not so great when I fail a test and the teacher runs to my mom to tell her how horrible I did before I even find out my grade. My mom and dad got divorced when I was 8 years old. After the divorce, my mom, my two sisters, and I, moved from Freemont to Arkport. Moving down to Arkport was really great; I lived closer to all my friends and I lived in between the school and the soccer fields. I began playing soccer when I was in Kindergarten and continue to do so today. Last year in the 2006 fall soccer season, our girl's soccer team won the Section V Class D State Championship!
I've always played a lot of sports. Right around the time I began playing soccer, I started doing gymnastics and dance at local studios. I took gymnastics lessons in Dansville at a place called A.C.E Gymnastics. I stopped taking the classes in 8th grade, but I continue to work on my tumbling skills as I am a varsity cheerleader now. I began dance classes at a young age with my friends and my older sister, Elsa. I loved dancing but I didn't like the class part, so I quit those classes in 4th grade. In 3rd grade I played 3-6 basketball at my school and was one of our lead scorers. During these early years of basketball, I also became involved in the Elks Hoop Shoot. Every year I was eligable, except for the last year, I competed in free throw competitions around the state and finished in 3rd place for New York State Championships when I was 12 years old. However, in 9th grade I gave up basketball to do cheerleading. One of the main reasons I wanted to do cheerleading was because I missed tumbling from gymnastics. So as stated earlier, I am a varsity cheerleader and have been since 9th grade. During the spring season, I run varsity track and have had a pretty good career in it. I am a sprinter and I run the 100m, 200m, and I triple jump and long jump. This past spring, I became the first person to ever go to States for track from Arkport Central School. I went to states competing in the Long Jump and ended up taking 5th place overall, not too bad. It was a big accomplishment and I hope to repeat it this year but with a better finish.
Currently, I am just trying to keep up with everything going on and taking one day at a time. I don't know where I am going to college yet, nor am I sure as to what I would like to major in. I guess I have some time to figure it out, but it needs to be soon. Oh well, that's life as a high school senior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice :D Was it really 4th grade when you left dance? i thought you stayed longer...woah time flies...ugh....not soon enough for college government though...:D

Peace

CJG said...

Yes go DALE JR!!! AHAHAHA!! luv yah kris, good game tonight! EVERYONE this #5 girl ROCKS!!